Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friendships

You know the feeling when your apart of some group and you see them like everyday, but it's like a fun and serious sort of thing? Well you know how those usually develop some friendships too? I realized I've been missing those a lot lately. Like when I danced I would spend countless hours with people and we would talk and hang out, and now I hardly see any of them. But watching sports teams and the connections they have with each other really makes me miss that aspect of dance. I love dance don't get me wrong, and I miss it, But I miss my friends and my connections with them so much more. I loved being able to go somewhere and have to do serious stuff and knowing at the end of the day I could goof off and crack jokes with people I enjoy being around and that i trust. people who know me. I think that's also part of why this foot thing is hard as well because i normally bond with people (i think at least) in a sportsmanship sort of way. and with out being able to be a sportsman it's very difficult, I get stared at. Some brave people even come up and asked what happened to my foot. I don't mind telling them the truth instead of some far fetched heroic story. as fun as that would be, it'd be lying, and I don't want people to like me because of some stupid heroic story, they're cool, but that's not what happened.

I met some cool people these last two days. Here's hoping I can remember all their names and faces. Good thing we are all in the same American Heritage class.

One thing I'm really excited for at BYU is the spiritual aspect with and education. like today our group did a tour of campus, and our y group leader took s to the JSB (Joseph Smith Building) and read us the dedicatory prayer because she found peace in it one day. And she read it and Half way through the spirit was really strong and and a great message, and she just started to cry, and trying to keep her breathing and continue, but our (my) other Y leader (they are really good friends and she had a crush on him for the longest time, and took the 2 years he was one his mission to get over him), he looked at her and It was so cute. He cared so much for her, and they would text back and forth if they were like 5 feet apart from each other, and they'd always ask the other person their opinion, and I just couldn't help but think, Wow I'm coming to a campus where I can share my testimony and not be afraid (not that I'm not afraid) to let people in and hear it, and how much it strengthens each other and I always love hearing the young mens testimonies, because I feel like it is the only thing we can take with us that is pure, and so important that we need to constantly be caring for and protecting, and nourishing it. I love hearing testimonies, I feel like I can trust that person.


No comments:

Post a Comment