Saturday, February 13, 2016

And so it continues

These past few weeks have been crazy.

One of the staples is my time in the temple.

I really like this quote. Recently I have been thinking a lot about things a lot. When I do this, I tend to start over analyze everything, and usually ends in me feeling inadequate and imperfect. I don't know if others struggle with self love, but I do. The more time I spend in the temple, the better I feel. I feel peace with myself, the world, my life. I feel more patient about things. I feel genuine happiness. I feel like I'm focused on the right things and distractions aren't as distracting. 

Another quite I'm trying to involvement is: The way you feel in the temple is a pattern for how you want to feel in your life - Elder Anderson.

It is true though. I do want my life to feel how I feel when I am in the temple.

Cool experience from when I was in the temple last week. Dawn Armstrong from Meet The Mormons, her son came to the Provo temple and I saw him while I was "on reverent duty." On his way out of the room, he was stopped by a couple and it looked like the son knew the husband. I only heard the first part of the conversation but the man said, "my wife is a convert and really connected with your moms story."

Again I was touched by how aware Heavenly Father is of each of us. He provides these little moments that impact us in a very personal way.

Matthew is my adorable nephew. He goes on dates with me. He has been my Valentine the last 5 years. I am one lucky aunt. This year, we went to the museum of ancient life at thanksgiving point. We had LOADS of fun. I got to remember how much I enjoyed my animal diversity class at BYU.









Janet is a sweet lady who I had been in my neighborhood as long as we have been.  In January I started going and reading scriptures with her. We have two chapters left in the Pearl of Great Price. She is wonderful. She is an honorary grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment