Saturday, January 7, 2012

first day

Have you ever said to yourself "Today is the first day, it's an easy class,  we're going to go slow, this will be easy"? Well yesterday I kept saying that to myself about my ballet class.  Well that came back to me. oh man, we started with our feet parallel and did port de bras, yeah we have to hold in second fir like 5 minutes. I don't remember holding that position that long ever. maybe I'm a wuss because I haven't danced in like 18 months. But seriously. then she made us élevé (going up on the balls of your feet, like 3/4 point, or like wearing really high heels without the shoe) in parallel and hold that for like 2 minutes. I told her the first day I had trouble with my 3/4 pointe because I had foot surgery and she came up to me and made me like stick my chest so far out I felt like I was falling over, and I couldn't hold up on élevé  because I cant bend my foot. So I kept falling off it and I was clenching my fist cause it hurt so bad. I can't bend my foot that far yet, let alone with half my weight on it. But I felt better because I bought this smoking hot leotard (pictured here).
But the problem is, it isn't BYU approved right off the bat. We had some black mesh and this is a leotard that is cute, comfortable and made by my favorite leo company. So I got creative. (I'll try to get a better picture)
We had to add some to the back too. I know the front mesh slants. It was a little loose so my mom stitched one side by had (the right one) and when she did she sewed the material like 1/2 inch below where it was originally sewn. But she worked so hard and I didn't want to say anything. But my teacher said she liked my leotard which isn't plain and boring as you can see.

Oh I felt super smart too because I knew all the words the teacher was saying too. And She asked if anyone new what a sur le cou-de-pied battement serre which pretty much is just beating your foot from around your ankle to had the back of your heel touching your calf in a repetitive motion. I was the only one who knew what it was and I felt so smart.

anyway apparently I like tight petoralis major muscles which is why it felt like I was falling over. I asked my chiropractor.  So he showed me this nifty stretch. anyway I'm really sore.

On a different note now I have times in which I have to wake up by in order to keep my bedroom door. On mon/wed/fri I have to be to school by 7:45 so I have to get up at 6:45. On tues/thur(sat) I have a class at 9:30 but I have to be up by 8. Sundays I have to be up by 9 (church doesn't even start till 11, I argued for 9:30). So I got woken up this morning by my dad holding my foot, yeah standing at the end of my bed holding my foot I had surgery on. It scared me.

So needless to say "it is the first day it's going to be easy." Who was I kidding? myself apparently. So it was a good day. I got my car fixed too (my back up light was burned out), and I got to walk to get it. campus isn't that far from the automotive shop. it was sunny and fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment