Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thought I was sore before

Oh man, I am so sore. I guess that just means I'm using my muscles. Yesterday in ballet we did retires, attitudes, frappe, more plies, battement lent (lifting your leg forever) and a bunch of other stuff. My back muscles, upper leg, and gluteus hurt, along with some of my stomach muscles. I can barely walk and I probably look really weird when I do. Tomorrow we are going to be doing grand battements, and start working in center. We have to stand alphabetical this week at the barre and I'm in the middle of the role so I stand on the edge of one barre but it's near the corner and another girl dances on the barre, and in order for our legs not to touch I either have to go below her or above her.  I try to go above. I stretched after class and was surprised I still have my splits mostly down. Probably like 2-3 inches off the ground. Side straddles are a different story. When we did élevés yesterday the teacher made me turn in more because my left leg was shaking. my legs usually shake, she thought it was because I am over rotating my legs and I'm rolling on the ball of my foot. that's not it. I couldn't bent my foot for like 3-5 months so my muscles are weak and not used to moving. which is a disadvantage. It's a good class. I feel bad i keep getting annoyed when people in my class ask questions I know the answer to. I have to remind myself it's a beginning class and I was there once too. So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment