Friday, September 16, 2011

three years

It's been three years since my friend Jordan died. I miss his face, his faith, his example, his friendship, his Christlike love, our late night talks, his optimistic perspective, I miss everything about him. He was a such a great person. He changed my life so much, I couldn't think of where I would be today if I hadn't met him. I know he watches over me, and his family, and friends. Thanks for living so I could met you. Thanks for fighting. Thanks for letting me trust you, for letting me let you in, for always being there for me, for always involving the gospel in life, for letting me let my guard down, for being patient, for not judging me. I can't wait to see you again.

The girls humming Come thou fount of every blessing across from me reminds me of our hymn singing parties.  Thanks for teaching me for a distance. I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for never giving up on helping me iron out the wrinkles with my dad. Like this morning when we didn't fight when I locked the keys in the car and he had to bring them to me, and he was happy to do it, like yesterday when he texted me good luck on my tests, like three years ago august when you were helping me iron out the wrinkles, thanks for not giving up on me. Thanks for loving me, and let me love you as a friend. Thanks for constantly being there. Even though I can't see you or hear you I know you're here helping me out. I hope I can be like you, and like Christ. I know you're a great missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment