Friday, November 18, 2011

double whammy

So I guess I got stabbed in the back again yesterday. I applied for the regent scholarship which they denied me and I appealed, so did dad. Then it turns out two other Utah powerhouse parents kids got denied as well so Curt Bramble, (Utah senator) which is a good friend to dad has been looking into it and they found I was worthy of the scholarship. they called Diana west my principal twice and both times she denied that I was recognizable for it. I had more then enough credits and she said I retook one class (which I didn't) so I wasn't eligible for it.  Way to cover yourself up. It's all about thing I don't value, lying, kissing butt, coming out on top. Yeah I got an honest education, I worked for my grades, i was in school 9 hours a day for 4 years. I was valedictorian, had the most credits, best GPA, 4 years of seminary. I like Science and Math more then History and English. I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed that you've gotten this far in life, and that even though you didn't think I was most likely to succeed in my graduating class. I'm glad I'm at college and I could fail two classes, but I'm taking 17 credit hours, I'll most likely have 2 A's and one B, maybe two C's. And I'm fine with that because that's the grade I know I deserve and that shows how must effort I've been putting into my studies. I'm succeeding for me, and that person has made me stronger all the other times they've put me down and I've proved them wrong. But I didn't lose friends, because they can't stick up for me. Sometimes it hurts because I stuck up for them so ling, and I don't get the same favor, but at least now I' being honest with myself about who I stick up for. I'm not sad I stuck up for them, just disappointed that I didn't get the same courtesy.  But I am so thankful for those that do stick up for me,  I hope I can do it you you one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment