Sunday, November 27, 2011

Piano

Like most other kids when I was younger my parents provided piano lessons. Like most kids I quit. I regret it all the time. I wish I could play the piano. I'm good at staring at the notes and counting to them to figure out the song then memorize the song. Today I figured out we have the Hymns Simplified I played the piano for 2 hours. I almost have the song well known. I tried to read the notes while I was playing too because memorizing a song won't help me in the future. Anyway our piano is really old (built sometime between 1897-1907) It's a Vose and Sons From boston established in 1851, I know this because it has the logo on the front. my grandma bought it for my mom when she was learning to play the piano. My parents had it re-string-ed/refurbished when we lived in Chicago. It has real Ivory keys and it's SO cool! I love it. Anyway I like to play the piano even though I'm the the best or really decent at playing it. But I enjoy playing. Here's some pictures of the great masterpiece!


 The middle section tilts to let more sound out! It's great also for nativity sets.


 These are the legs. The craftsmanship is gorgeous!  I love this piano!

this is a close up of the work on the top part of the Piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment